Tuesday, March 26, 2013

12: The Elements of Great Managing



12: The Elements of Great Managing

Have you read this book? It's a book based on years of Gallup research, including 10 million employee and manager interviews spanning 114 countries and conducted in 41 languages. The research shows that there are 12 basic needs that employees need to have fulfilled at work for optimal engagement.

While it is a book for leaders about employee engagement, I think it also provides opportunities for leaders and employees to self-reflect. When you read the 12 elements below, think of each statement as a true/false question. 

If the answer to any of the questions is false, how do you go about turning it into a True statement?



You can read more about the book and each element here.

When I read this list, I think about the teachers at our school and try to determine which of these elements I can influence and support. I hope that I have done a good job with supporting the teachers who would answer them as if they were a list of True/False questions. 

I'm interested to hear your thoughts about the 12 Elements. Does your organization use this list as a gauge for employee engagement? Please leave a comment on your most or least favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment